Whether you celebrate Easter or Eostre, decorating at springtime means eggs.
Eggs are a symbol of fertility and the promise of new life. Making these beautiful real egg candles is a perfect way to celebrate the return of lighter days.
You will need
*For the candles
Wax left over from spent candles
Cardboard egg carton
- For the best finish, crack the eggs by tapping a knife in a cutting motion near to the top. Tip out the egg to use in cooking and rinse them out
- Snap some tea lights and remove the wick and base
- Work with one egg at a time and place the wax of one tea light or one tea light’s worth of left over wax in a small container
- Heat in the microwave until melted
- Place a prepared egg shell in an egg cup
- Place a wick inside and carefully pour over the wax
- Allow to set
It can be a bit tricky to light the candles – you might need to use a taper.
Love Rachel ❤️