Whether you celebrate Easter or Eostre, decorating at springtime means eggs.
Eggs are a symbol of fertility and the promise of new life. Making these beautiful real egg candles is a perfect way to celebrate the return of lighter days.
You will need
*For the candles
Wax left over from spent candles
Cardboard egg carton
- For the best finish, crack the eggs by tapping a knife in a cutting motion near to the top. Tip out the egg to use in cooking and rinse them out
- Place the egg shells in egg cups to keep them steady
- Snap some tea lights in half and carefully remove the wicks and bases
- Work with one egg at a time, placing a wick and base at the bottom of the shell
- Place one tea light’s worth of wax in a small container
- Heat in the microwave or over a pan of hot water until melted
- Carefully pour the wax into the egg shell – try not to get wax on the end of the wick
- Allow to set
It can be a bit tricky to light the candles – you might need to use a taper.
Love Rachel ❤️