How often do you wear brooches? If you’re a vintage lover like me then you almost certainly have one or two in your collection. But how often do they actually see the light of day?
I realised back when Dorothy was a baby that I hadn’t even looked at my brooches in about a year, let alone worn any of them. The main reason (apart from the fact that Dorothy would likely rip them off as soon as look at them) was that I couldn’t see them.
I have some beautiful pieces. A blue glass brooch that Beth bought me with her own money when she was a little girl – a naive little religious pin that belonged to my Great Grandmother – a delicate gold tone leaf, a gift from an old lady who is no longer with us.
Instead of having them on display, I stored my brooches and pins in a little China bowl on my dressing table. So I suppose I just ‘forgot’ they were there.
In an effort to make more use of my vintage treasures and reclaim my sense of style decided to make a display for them and here it is.
You Will Need
*A multi window frame. I bought mine pre-loved but this one is similar
Some thin wadding
Spray paint – I used gold
- Remove the glass from the frame and spray with your chosen colour
- Replace the back board and draw around the edges of of each picture window
- Roughly cut some wadding to match each space and stick in place with duct tape (fold the duck tape over to make it double sided)
- Lay the fabric over the board and secure in place with more duct tape
- Replace the frame and pin your brooches to your finished display
You can chose the spray paint, frame style and fabric to match whatever kind of decor you have in your bedroom.
What do you think?
Love Rachel ❤️