How often do you wear brooches? If you’re a vintage lover like me then you almost certainly have one or two in your collection. But how often do they actually see the light of day?
I realised recently that I hadn’t even looked at my brooches in about a year, let alone worn any of them and the main reason (apart from the fact that Dorothy would likely rip them off as soon as look at them) was that I couldn’t see them.
Instead of having them on display, I stored my brooches and pins in a little China bowl on my dressing table. So I just ‘forgot’ they were there. I decided to make a display for them and here it is ?
You Will Need
A multi frame
Some thin wadding
Spray paint – I used gold
- Remove the glass from the frame and spray with your chosen colour.
- Replace the back board and draw around the edges of of each picture space.
- Roughly cut some wadding to match each space and stick in place with duct tape (fold the duct tape over to make it double sided).
- Lay the fabric over the board and secure in place with more duct tape.
- Replace the frame and pin your brooches to your finished display.
What do you think?
Love Rachel ❤️