Cupcakes are great aren’t they. They’re just so pretty and look lovely piled high onto cake stands at parties. Since we’ll be having a quiet Christmas, I’ve decided that we’ll make it one long celebration for four, with party food every day.
Gingerbread cupcakes perfect combine the warm fuzziness of gingerbread and the party element that I think we all need this year.
You Will Need
170g plain flour
125g soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons ground ginger
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons golden syrup
For ginger bread see this post
For buttercream see this post
- To begin, bake some small ginger bread shapes. You’ll find the recipe here.
- While they’re cooling, bake the cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 or gas mark 4
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the syrup and mix until combined
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture
- Add the flour, baking powder and spices and fold into the mixture using a figure of eight motion
- Spoon into the cake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch
- Allow to cool completely
- In the mean time make up some buttercream using this recipe and add a table spoon of ground ginger, more if you like spice
- Pipe onto cooled cakes and top with little gingerbread biscuits
Aren’t they pretty.
Love Rachel ❤️