I think honey is one of the most incredible foods in the World. This recipe doesn’t improve on the perfection of honey, it just gives it a little extra layer of flavour.
You can use infused honey however you would use plain honey. It’s delicious in baking, stirred into coconut yoghurt or as a sweetener for delicate teas.
But I think fluffy pancakes drizzled with lilac infused honey and scattered with fresh lilac are a particularly special seasonal treat.
You will need
Clean glass jars
- Remove the lilac flowers from their stem and place in clean jars
- Keep going until the jars are just over half full
- Pour over honey. You’ll need to keep topping up the jar for a few minutes while the honey makes it’s way through the flowers
- Allow to infuse for at least three days and up to a couple of weeks before using
- Stir the honey every now and again when you remember
- You can strain out the flowers using a seive or leave them in there as they’re edible
Unlike Lilac Sugar which tends to lose its colour after a little while, infused honey will keep for months.
Love Rachel ❤