Nothings says “you’re my cup of tea” like these super cute, DIY love heart shaped tea bags ❤️
They’re a bit of a labour of love (see what I did there) but ultimately, this is a very easy to make gift for that special tea drinker in your life. You probably already have the materials and all you need to add is a bit of flair.
You Will Need
Loose leaf tea
- Helpfully coffee filters are already folded in half, so leave them like that
- Draw a love heart shape. I used a cookie cutter to draw around. Draw it close to edge
- Roughly cut out the shape, ensuring the two sides are still attached
- Carefully pour a teaspoonful of tea leaves into the bag
- Using cotton thread, sew the two pieces together with small stitches. Leave about 5mm seam
- Trim the love heart, making sure you remove all of the pen marks
- Sew on a length of butcher’s string or embroidery thread and add an embellishment to the end
- Store as you would normal teabags. You could gift wrap them lots of ways. I’ve used a vintage glass butter dish, but tissue paper or a little cardboard box would be just as sweet.
If you don’t have a Valentine, why not celebrate someone else you love.
Love Rachel ❤️