I love goofy little Christmas treats. Edible gifts are so often my go-to when I want to make a gesture to friends and neighbours.
Making these truffles couldn’t be simpler as they’re similar to my fridge biscuits – you could even recruit children to do the ball rolling. They taste great but the best part is the humour.
You’ll need 8 brown noses of course, for Dasher, Dancer, Donner and Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Prancer and Vixen. Rudolph’s special red nose is represented with a bright red gobstopper from our local sweet shop, but you could always wrap a chocolate nose with red foil if you aren’t as keen on gobstoppers as I am!
You will need
300g Milk chocolate (cooking)
300g Digestive biscuits
Ground ginger or cinnamon
- Working for about 4 biscuits at a time, place them in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place a heat proof glass bowl over a pan of booking water to creat a bain-marie
- Break the chocolate into the bowl and melt the chocolate slowly, stirring all the time
- Once melted add a half teaspoon of ground ginger or cinnamon, or both of you like spice
- Stir in the biscuit crumbs bit by bit until they’re all incorporated
- Leave the mixture to cool until it starts to set
- Working with a spoonful at a time, roll into balls and place on a puce of greaseproof paper to set fully
- Place in decorated boxes or little bags. 8 brown noses and one red 🦌
If you like this idea but you’re really pressed for time, you could always use maltesers instead!
Love Rachel ❤️