I think my love for moon milk (or lunar lattes), is well known. Here’s one I started drinking during the last full moon, which was a flower moon.
It tastes a little like Turkish Delight and is certainly full of eastern promise. Butterfly Pea Flower powder (try saying that after a glass of wine) gives this latte it’s beautiful, potion-like colour, but it’s cardamom that makes it really special.
Cardamom is a truly magical spice with a warming flavour and heady scent. Medicinally it’s a proven antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and has antibacterial properties.
I add ashwaganda, which you can read about here. But this is optional.
You will need
1 cup of your preferred, unsweetened milk (I use almond)
1 teaspoon rose water
6 cardamom pods
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon Ashwaganda (optional)
Pinch of butterfly pea flower powder (for colour)
- Pour the milk and rosewater into a pan
- Split the cardamom pods and add just the seeds to the milk
- Very slowly heat until piping hot
- Add the pea flower powder, ashwaganda and maple syrup
- Blend or whisk to make the milk frothy
- Heat again.
- Decorate with fresh or dried rose petals
This soothing drink is perfect for bedtime on a warm summer’s evening.
Love Rachel ❤️