There’s something about tinsel pipe cleaners that screams mid-century crafting. I love discovering home made decorations from the 50s and 60s – usually falling apart and mis-shapen but full of charm.
This is the quickest of pound shop crafts. No special equipment required and you can make crowns for everyone in the family.
Why not enjoy a regal family dinner one night or let the littlest do everyone’s make up like we did – because why not?
You will need
5 pipe cleaners
- For children, attach two pipe cleaners by bending the ends over to hook them together
- Do the same at the other end to make a circle
- For adults, cut one pipe cleaner in half. Use this half and two other pipe cleaners to make your circle
- The remaining pipe cleaners should be bent in half and then in half again to make two points – an M shape. The half pipe clean should be bent into one point
- Twist one end of the M shape into your crown. Then loop the downward point underneath the crown and then twist. The last point can now be twisted onto the crown
- Be mindful that you bend the ends outwards so that the crown sits comfortably and doesn’t scratch the wearer
- Repeat with the other two pipe cleaners (or one and half for grown ups) until you’ve used up all t pphe points
If you like you could add more points make a complete crown. It just depends how regal you’re feeling I guess!
Love Rachel ❤️