Nothing beats a brownie.
This recipe will make you a deliciously rich, chocolatey treat. The kind of brownie that’s crispy on the top, gooey inside and so dense that they add inches to your hips before you’ve even cleared your plate. But it will be worth it 😂
I’ve decorated the brownies for Halloween bit you could just dust them with icing sugar and they’d be just as lovely, albeit less spooky!
You will need
150g chopped butter
100g milk chocolate drops or squares
100g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
30g cocoa powder
150g soft dark brown sugar
100g plain flour
Oven dish – 22cm x 22cm
200g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange, purple and green food colouring gel
Variety of sprinkles and eye decorations
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, taking care not to burn the mixture.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees or gas mark4
- Line your baking dish with a little butter and greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and again whisk until fluffy.
- While whisking the eggs, slowly pour in the cooled, melted butter and chocolate.
- Combine well.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and carefully fold into the chocolate mixture.
- The result should be a foamy batter.
- Quickly pour the batter into the oven dish and bake.
- The brownies will take between 25 and 35 minutes to cook depending on your oven.
- You’ll know they’re ready when the tip splits and the centre is firm….well…firm-ish.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Make up a bowl of buttercream as per these directions.
- Seperate the buttercream into three small bowls and colour them with the food colouring gel.
- Pipe or spread onto the top of the brownies.
- Use a fork to swirl the colours and then add sprinkles and decorations.
- Slice into portions and watch them disappear!
Love Rachel ❤️