It’s only taken me 34 years but I’ve finally done it. I’ve found the perfect cookie recipe!
Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle with gooey, melted chocolate to seal the deal.
150g Butter – melted
120g Caster sugar
40g soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
225g Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon Cocoa powder
150g milk chocolate, chopped into small chunks
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter and beat well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and half the flour.
- Pour the chocolate chunks into the mixture along with the rest of the flour. Mix until combined.
- The cookie mix is wet and not dough-like. Don’t add extra flour.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet. Don’t squash them down and make sure you leave plenty of space around each all as they spread when baking.
- Bake for around 6-7 minutes. The edges should be golden and the centre still squishy.
- Allow to cool before moving.
This recipe.makes about 25 cookies and they freeze well 👍