This is the one.
Of all the recipes I’ll share with you, this is the one that you just have to try. It’s takes no real effort or skill though it does require some patience but, and I can’t stress this enough, it’s delicious!
If you’re looking to create an impressive Christmas gift, adds something interesting to your drinks cabinet or use up some blackberries – this is the recipe for you. But you have to do it now while blackberries are in season.
Of all the recipes I’ll share with you, this is the one that you just have to try
You can buy them in the shops of course but nothing beats picking them yourself or of course employing young children to pick them for you 🤣 Choose the firm, black berries and be sure to leave enough behind for the birds and other foragers.
You Will Need
750ml vodka – I use the cheap stuff but it’s probably better with better quality
450g fresh (or frozen) blackberries
600g caster sugar
- In a pan combine the sugar and water
- Heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool completely
- Put the blackberries, vodka and sugar syrup in a large jar
- Gentle stir all of the ingredients together and seal
- Store the jar in a dark place for 2-3 weeks – check on it every couple of days and gently stir or shake the contents.
- Strain the mixture. You can use the left behind boozy berries in other things. Why not freeze them to add to cocktails.
- The liquid should be poured into a bottle and allowed to age.
- A couple of months is best but you should wait at least another 2-3 weeks.
I decorate the bottles with a little leftover wrapping paper and ribbon. The Liqueur is smooth and delicious. You can drink it on its own over ice or use it to make cocktails.
Love Rachel ❤️