My girls have a new favourite breakfast and it’s ridiculously cute. Perfect for a simple Valentine’s brunch or a snack after a hard day of lockdown homeschooling.
You will need
Free-range medium egg
Olive oil spray
Frying pan and a heart shaped cookie cutter
- Very lightly toast your bread on both sides
- Remove from the grill or toaster and cut out a heart shape
- Spray the frying pan and heat
- Place both pieces of toast in the frying pan and carefully crack the egg into the shape. I tend to do this really slowly, letting the egg white cook a little as I pour it in. This stops it spreading underneath the toast
- Cook in the pan for a minute or two,.until the white is almost completely cooked
- Put the whole pan under the grill (be mindful of the kind of handle you have) until the egg has cooked
- Serve straight away
How do you like your eggs?
Love Rachel ❤️