I8I love campfires – actually I love fires in general. Not in a pyromaniac way of course – I just think you can’t beat the crackle, smell and glow of a real fire.
Everyone gets excited over fireworks on Bonfire night but for me it’s all about the fire.
Growing up, toffee apples were my favourite Bonfire night treat but since I discovered that they’re often riddled with bacteria, I enjoy them rather less 😬 So these cup cakes are officially my new favourite.
You Will Need
*Makes 18 large cupcakes
180g self raising flour
40g cocoa powder
220g caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
300g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate match sticks
Orange gel food colouring
Orange and red sprinkles/glitter
- Prepare 18 cupcake cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- In large bowl, combine the margarine and sugar and mix until pale.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir in gently using a metal spoon. This keeps the mixture nice and light.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the cake cases.
- Bake for around 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Follow my recipe for perfect buttercream here.
- Mix a few drops of orange food colouring gel into the buttercream until you get the desired colour.
- Pipe or spoon a little buttercream on each cupcake and too with sprinkles or glitter.
- Break up some chocolate sticks and lean them against the frosting.
- Push a stick through a couple of mini marshmallows to finish the look.
What do you think?
Love Rachel ❤️