There’s a line in Charlie and the Chocolate factory that always gets me singing. It’s from what I consider to be the best song in the whole movie! The one that ends with Veruca Salt getting trapped in the fiery furnace and begins with her saying “I want a goose that lays gold eggs for Easter. ‘Bout a hundred a day!”
That song was the inspiration for this Easter rocky road recipe.
This recipe is not good for you. In fact I’d go as far as saying it’s positively bad for you! It’s only saving graces are the little pieces of apricot and almonds that add a little texture to the chocolate smothered badness. There’s no hiding from the fact that this should be reserved as a very rare treat but..
.. this is without a doubt the best Rocky Road ever!
You will need
100g caramelised biscuits (crushed)
70g dried apricots (cut into thin strips)
70g chopped almonds
100g mini marshmallows
100g malted chocolate balls (cut in half)
100g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate
70g golden mini eggs
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with foil.
- In a large bowl crush the biscuits until they are large crumbs with perhaps a few chunks.
- Add the marshmallows, chopped almonds, sliced apricots and halved malted chocolate balls.
- Stir well
- Add a handful of the golden eggs
- In another bowl melt the milk and white chocolate.
- Add the melted chocolate to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is full coated.
- Press into the prepared tray
- Push golden eggs into the top of the mixture and allow to set for several hours in the fridge.
- Notice how they’ve disappeared ?
Love Rachel ❤