I think most of us like a drink at Christmas. Whether it’s Bucks fizz with breakfast or a glass of Sherry before bed – it’s seems Christmas is the season to be tipsy!
Did I ever tell you about the time Phill and Beth decided to make jelly bean vodka and set the kitchen on fire? I walked in to find two big dollops of jelly bean goop on the floor – both balls of blue flame!
it’s seems Christmas is the season to be tipsy!
Personally I prefer simpler methods of flavouring vodka!! And if you’re going to indulge, you might aswell indulge in something a little bit special. Candy Cane vodka is a sweet, sharp and fabulously silly drink – the colour of pink sherbert, and it’s the key ingredient for my Mrs Christmas martini.
You will need:
500ml of good vodka (cheaper vodka doesn’t infuse as well)
7 full size candy canes
a large glass jar
a glass bottle
- Roughly break up the candy canes and place in the bottom of the jar
- Cover with 500 ml of vodka
- Stir well
- Seal and leave to infuse for an hour.
Stirring and leave to infuse again. Keep doing this until there are no solids left.
- Once the candy canes have dissolved, use a funnel to pour the vodka into the bottle.
- Continue to shake the bottle daily and before serving.
Don’t drink too much though! There’s nothing merry about a headache!
Love Rachel ❤️