I’m borrowing from other countries again! While reindeer food which we scatter outside on Christmas Eve, was something introduced to me by Scottish friends, reindeer Chow is an American treat.
Much like trail mix, it’s a combination of crunchy, salty, sweet treats that you might enjoy while watching a Christmas film or you g on a Wintery hike. It’s calorific so of course this is a treat and not for every day consumption – but it is Christmas!
You will need
3 cups salted pretzels
Around 6 cups of Shreddies or similar (Chex in the US)
1 cup of chopped milk chocolate
1/2 cup Biscoff spread or smooth peanut butter
100s and 1000s (optional)
1 cup of Smarties
1 cup of mini Reese’s cups or mini Munchies
- Most of the ingredients will be used as they are but you’ll be making the shreddies into something really delicious!
- Place the shreddies in a large mixing bowl
- Create a bain-marie by placing a glass bowl over a pan of booking water
- Place the chocolate and Biscoff into the bowl and stir until melted
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the shreddies and stir until every one is coated
- Sprinkle over 100s and 1000s and stir gently
- Place a few spoonfuls of icing sugar in a plastic box (or a strong freezer bag)
- Add the chocolate covered shreddies to the box and shake until they are completely coated. Add more icing sugar if need
- Lay the shreddies on a tray to dry
- When dry, take your bag, box, tub – whatever you’re going to use to present the reindeer Chow and line it with some greaseproof paper to prevent sticking
- Either mix all the ingredients together or like I do, add each element a little at a time to make sure the recipients get a good mixture
- Serve immediately
Its delicious – it really is! Perfect as a party snack when you’re playing reindeer games
Love Rachel ❤️