Phill loves camping and in particular he loves campfires, barbecuing and toasting marshmallows. He suggests camping it at the most unusual times – when it’s already raining, in the depths of winter, when we have 101 other things to do. I often feel like the spoil sport for saying no.
Over the past year in lockdown, I’ve regretted saying no so often – to camping trips, to having people round, to impromptu weekends away. I wish I’d said yes more often, (I will in the future) and I wish I could plan a slightly illogic camping trip for our upcoming Anniversary.
Since that’s not going to be possible, I’ve created a tiny piece of campfire magic in a box.
You will need
A large empty matchbox
A birthday candle and holder
Coloured or patterned paper
Decorative bits and bobs
- Cut a piece of paper to fit three sides of the box
- Stick down using a very small amount of glue
- Decorate with stamps, jewels, tags – whatever you like
- Use the candle holder to poke a hole in the middle of the box
- Line the inside of the box with tissue paper
- Wrap a handful of mini marshmallows with some tissue paper
- Place them inside the box along with a candle, candle holder, a match and a little note. Mines an IOU – I owe you one impromptu camping trip 😊
Love Rachel ❤️