These are delicious. I originally planned to use only nuts and no fruit, but somehow these little love hearts needed something tangy to balance the flavour. So I added dried cranberries, and with their beautiful colour and flavour, I think they really finish them off.
Our sweet neighbour gave Beth and Dorothy some lovely vintage tins as a Christmas gift and they kindly let me use one of them for these chocolates.
You will need
200g milk chocolate
Heart shaped silicone cupcake cases
- Create a bain-marie by placing a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water
- Break up the chocolate and place it in the glass bowl
- Heat the chocolate and keep stirring it until it melts
- Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into each case. This amount should be enough for twelve cases
- Lay a pecan on top of each chocolate along with a couple of cranberries and some crushed pistachio and almond
- Allow to set completely before turning out from the cases
These passed the yum test with my girls and I already know that Phill will love them because he’s a bit nutty!
Love Rachel ❤️