I love a fairytale villain. The princesses are the heroes of every story but the villains always have more complex characters, better lines and the most fabulous wardrobes.
When I was a little girl I didn’t think this way, in fact I used to be a bit scared of some of the baddies. Maleficent, Ursula, Cinderella’s evil stepmother, they were all horrors – but the baddest of all the baddies was the wicked Queen in Snow White. The scene where she becomes the old lady still gives me chills to this day and made me eternally suspicious of perfectly shaped apples.
Magic Mirror, on the wall – which is the tastiest cocktail of them all?
It was the wicked Queen’s sinsiter gift to Snow White that inspired this little tipple. Will you dare to try it?
You Will Need
1 fl oz good vodka
4 floz apple juice
Green food colouring gel
Edible lustre powder
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Colour the apple juice with a tiny amount of food colouring gel
- Add the vodka and apple juice to the ice and stir until the liquid is chilled
- Add one good squeeze of lemon juice to your chosen glass
- Strain the vodka and apple juice into the glass
- Sprinkle a pinch of lustre powder on the surface
- Gentle pour around a teaspoon of grenadine into the middle of the glass – it should drop to the bottom
I always taste a cocktail as it is and then mix all the components together. When this cocktail is mixed, the almost blood red grenadine swirls around until the once beautiful concoction is gone and in its place, a brown-black potion with little sparkles. Magic.
Love Rachel 🍎