I know what you’re thinking. “You keep moaning about needing to lose some lockdown weight and yet you keep making pastel coloured treats.”
Actually this pastel coloured treat is good for you – so ner ner!
The colour comes from superfood powders. They don’t add a huge amount of flavour – apart from perhaps turmeric – but they lend their beautiful colours and health benefits.
You will need
Wholemeal bread – I’ve used a Loveheart shaped crumpet but I’d normally use toast and cut a love heart shape
Low fat cream cheese
Green spirulina powder
Red berry powder
Butterfly Pea Flower Powder
*You could also use green macha powder, blue spirulina, turmeric, pink pitaya
- Guage how much cream cheese you’ll need based on how many slices and how many people. You can make the cheese the night before and it will keep well, covered in the fridge for a day or so. So don’t worry if you inadvertently male too much
- Split the cheese into three cups, or however many colours you’re making
- Add a little bit of your chosen powder at a time, until you get your desired colour
- Toast your bread (or crumpets) and cut into heart shapes. Obviously you can just leave them the shape they are but we like to be a bit fancy at breakfast time
- To create the stripes simply spoon a generous dollop of each colour onto your toast and carefully spread across
- Lovers of fairy bread may wish to add sprinkles!
I’d rather keep them sprinkle free but it’s Dorothy’s birthday this week so everything has to be a bit extra!
What do you think? Will you try this?
Love Rachel ❤️