Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas alot
I thought everyone had a ‘December only’ rule when it came to Christmas decorations. Apart from the odd piece I keep out to accessorise posts like this, mine won’t see the light of day until the 1st. But I’ve seen a few people who have foregone that unspoken rule and put their tree up already.
Blast this Christmas music. It’s so joyful and triumphant.
My initial reaction to early decoration has always been a good strong eye roll but some people are downright horrible about it. I’ve seen some really mean things said online, and all because someone wants to surround themselves with things that bring them joy. Just let people do what makes them happy!
If you feel festive, embrace it. And if someone starts acting all Grinch-like then throw some green fudge at them! I’m not a fan of white chocolate or white chocolate fudge but after many experiments (it’s all for you guys), I think I’ve got the proportions just right, because even I like this stuff!
You will need
300g white chocolate
200ml condensed milk
Red heart shaped sprinkles
Green food colouring gel
9″ square oven dish
The Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.
- Break up your white chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then mix well.
- Microwave again for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is around 2/3 melted.
- Mix well to melt the last bits.
- Wait a minute for the chocolate to cool slightly and then add the condensed milk.
- Mix, mix and keep mixing. Sometimes it looks weird for a while but keep going – it will become smooth!
- Add a little food colouring and mix until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into the oven dish and spread out evenly.
- Push twenty five hearts into the fudge and allow to set completely. I leave mine overnight in a cupboard.
- Slice into 25 equal squares.
Love Rachel ❤️