When I saw cherries in the supermarket, I knew that I wanted to make some delicious chocolate pancakes to eat them with.
This recipe is easy to whip up and the pancakes keep well in the fridge for a day or so – so you can make them ahead of time.
You will need
180g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs
250ml skimmed milk
35g cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Milk chocolate chips or chocolate spread
- Warm the milk in a saucepan
- Add the cocoa powder. Mix until combined and then set aside to cool slightly
- In a bowl combine the sugar, baking powder and flour
- Add the eggs to the dry ingredients along with the sunflower oil and vanilla extract
- Whisk together. The mixture will be almost breadcrumb-like
- Once the chocolate milk is just warm, pour it in to the bowl and whisk together
- Don’t over whisk, the ingredients should be just combined
- Cook on a hot plate or frying pan with a little spray oil
- Stack with a sprinkling of chocolate chips or a steak of chocolate spread between each pancake
- Top with cherries and chocolate chips
The pancakes are so delicious and rich – they taste like cake!
Love Rachel ❤