Since I don’t like coffee, I tend to miss out on a lot of the pumpkin spiced shenanigans. I make up for it with pumpkin spiced overnight oats and fudge but I’d quite like a drink too. And since we’ve had a couple of days of warmer weather, I decided it should be cold.
Now this drink isn’t for everyone. I know I’m supposed to gush about it and say that it’s beloved by children and adults alike but that’s not true – like Marmite this is a love or hate recipe. So don’t start making pumpkin puree or ordering tins especially to make this drink. Instead wait until you’re making something else and hold back a couple of spoons so you can give it a try. Then if you love it like me, you can make loads.
You will need
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk
2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix*
Optional whipped cream or alternative
* I have a recipe for pumpkin spice mix here
- It really couldn’t be simpler. Take the pumpkin, milk, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk them together until fully combined and frothy
- Taste and add as much pumpkin spice as you like
- Pour into a pretty glass and top with a swirl of whipped cream
- Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top and serve straight away
- If you want to be a bit extra, sprinkle with a little edible glitter
I think this pretty pale orange drink is just delicious and a perfect alternative to the pumpkin spice lattes that everyone’s drinking. You could make a batch in advance and keep it in the fridge if you’re having a few people round. And if the fancy takes you, you could add a little drop of something alcoholic to make it into a creamy cocktail.
Love Rachel 🎃