What do you think? I’m giving myself some serious Queen of Hearts vibes! So be careful with your comments or it’ll be off with your head 😂
You will need
Needle and thread
A sewing machine is preferable but you can manage without.
- Turn the beret inside out
- Pin the brim down to stop it from sliding around
- Mark out a love heart shape
- Loosely tack the around the love-heart shape
- Machine stitch around the shape or hand stitch very tightly. Take time to make sure you curve the edges
- Remove the tacking stitches
- Cut off the excess. You need to cut quite close to the stitching
- Remove the pins and turn your hat the right way
- I found it helped to use a medium iron on the underside to really flatten out the shape
- If you need to, sew a comb into the top of the love-heart to hold the beret on your hair
I really like how it turned out.
I have a beautiful vintage Kangol hat that was given to me by a dear old lady. It’s really thick and would definitely have been a better base, but I just couldn’t bring myself to alter it. So I bought a cheap one online for this experiment. I’d have liked it to be a bit bigger but that’s just because I’ve got a big head! For a first attempt I think it’s quite lovely and I’ll definitely be making a couple more.
Love Rachel ❤️