I made these a while ago with the intention of serving them with melted witch hot chocolate.
Phill poked fun at them in a very big way, but became quiet as soon as he was given one to eat. One. Remember that, the family were given one each- that’s important.
I put the rest in the fridge, while I tweaked and perfected my hot chocolate recipe. Then when I’d got it just right, I went to the fridge and… they’d disappeared! Of course as I’d told everyone they were only allowed to eat one, I can only assume that they disappeared by magic as I’m sure witches’ hats are prone to do!
You Will Need
Jaffa Cake type biscuits
Chocolate orange segments
Orange glace icing
- Carefully melt a little milk chocolate either in a microwave or a bain-marie
- Break up the chocolate orange into segments and stick them together in pairs.
- Now cut off one end to create a flat bottom
- Use a little more melted chocolate to stick the ‘point’ to the base.
- Allow to set completely
- Melt some more chocolate and drizzle over the top, smoothing with the back of a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle with edible glitter or lustre powder.
- Allow to set.
- Pipe a thin band of orange icing around the base.
These would also make great Sorting Hats for a Harry Potter themed party.
Now do remember to keep a close eye on these hats. They’re tricky little treats 🧙
Love Rachel ❤️