Tomorrow is pancake Tuesday. It’s a day I’ve always looked forward to because I LOVE pancakes. I’ve shared a few pancake recipes but on Pancake Tuesday I want a classic simple pancake.
Pre-made pancakes are ok and pre-mixes do the job but a good reliable pancake recipe is a game changer. And with mine, it’s a simple as 1,2,3.
You will need *makes around 8 medium/large, thin, crêpe-like pancakes
100g plain flour
300ml semi-skimmed milk
- I tend to use a crepe maker but it’s basically just a hot plate. You’ll make.the best pancakes using one of these or a very flat, shallow frying pan.l
- Place about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan, spread across the pan evenly with a piece of kitchen roll or just clean fingers! Heat until medium/hot
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy
- Add half the milk and whisk again
- Sieve in the flour and whisk until.full combined
- Add the rest of the milk and whisk for a few minutes until very smooth
- Let the mixture stand for five minutes
- Give the mixture one last, quick mix. Before you use it
- Pop about 2/3 ladleful (2/3 cup) of mixture onto the pan and use the underneath of the ladle to quickly spread it out into a circle
- As it cooks, little bubbles will appear and burst on the surface. Once there are burst bubbles across the whole pancake it’s ready to turn
- Loosen the pancake’s edges with a pallette knife and turn over. You can show off your pancake tossing skills but I don’t – I’ve lost too many pancakes that way!
- Once turned, keep checking the underside as it will brown quickly
- Remove from the heat and serve with your favourite topping
I love a squeeze of lemon juice and a little sugar, or a drizzle of golden syrup. What’s your topping of choice?
Love Rachel ❤️